Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) had its sixteenth edition and renewed its commitment with quality and excellence. This is one of the most important and rigorous competitions of the wine world. Renowned international judges congregate to evaluate wines from every corner of the world. The evaluation follows a strict protocol to ensure impartiality.
Once again, France obtained the highest number of wines recognized as Best in Show, the top category of the competition. Behind the thirteen French Best in Show, came Spain, with eight, followed by Australia and Portugal with six.
Of the 16,500 wines that participated, only 50 won the Best in show award, equivalent to 0.3%. There were 148 Platinum medals and 480 Gold medals. This edition of DWWA also showed an increase in the percentage of award-winning wines: it went from 66% in 2018 to 74% in 2019.
Argentina was the country in South America with the greatest growth compared to 2018: this year there was a 12% increase in award-winning wines. Georgia, Greece and China were some of the countries that surprised with important prizes. The United Kingdom, the motherland of the DWWA, won three Best in Show this year, strengthening its growth.
Complete list of Rutini Wines wines awarded in DWWA:
- Single Vineyard Gualtallary Cabernet Franc 2016 – 96 points – Gold medal
- Encuentro Barrel Blend 2014 – 90 points – Silver medal
- Antología 42 – 90 points – Silver medal
- Apartado Gran Malbec 2016 – 89 points – Bronze medal
- Rutini Malbec 2017 – 89 points – Bronze medal
- Rutini Chardonnay 2017 – 89 points – Bronze medal
- Rutini Cabernet Malbec 2017 – 86 points – Bronze medal